Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Luck! gets lucky

I was in a workshop production of this musical at the University of Michigian in 2003. I played the "lion on the loose" referenced in the article.

Luck! is by Mark Waldrop and Brad Ross. It is based on a folktale called "Mazel and Schlimazel"-good and bad luck. A reading will feature Faith Prince and my friend and co Michigan graduate Stanley Bahorek.

The music in Luck is fun. I'd be interested to see how far its come since I did it 6 years ago. Working on a new musical is always an adventure...sometimes things change quite a bit and sometimes the changes are more subtle. While I don't know if Luck! has a place on Broadway or in large commercial venues, I could definitely see it becoming a staple of children's theatres or even going on a Theatre for Young Audiences tour.

Playbill article on Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment